About this page
Welcome to @uto_dev's Spectrum dedicated web site. I've put together some of my ZX-Spectrum related projects and/or FAQs in this site.
I got my first ZX Spectrum back in September 1984, and it was the computer where I learnt programming... and gaming. As I've been involved in some Spectrum and other 8 bit machines (C64, MSX, CPC, PCW, Plus/4) projects lately I've decided to build this site to put them all together.
I've created a few FAQs for the ZX-Uno FPGA clone and its ZX-GO+ variation, please find them below. Please notice the ZX GO+ is in the end a ZX-Uno, so reading both FAQs is recommended for people interested in it.
I'm also the author or co-author of a few 8 bit related utilities:
- DAAD Ready,a package to easily develop adventure games for several machines using DAAD Adventure Writer
- MALUVA: A DAAD extension, able to make DAAD load raster graphics, additional texts, etc. in several 8 bit machines (C64, ZX Spectrum +3/ESXDOS/Next, CPC, PCW, MSX, Plus/4).
- DAAD Reborn Compiler: A new compiler for DAAD.
- PAWS2DAAD: A PAWS database extractor wich generates code ready for DRC compiler for DAAD.
- ZXUC: menu driven ZX-Uno setup utility
- UnPAWS: A Professional Adventure Writing System database extractor.
- UnDAAD: A DAAD database extractor.
- EAAD: A DAAD code editor, with separated tabs forr each section, syntax highlight, code completion and puzzle wizard. Binaries here for [Windows] and Linux [Linux.]
- Radascreen: a converter from 128x96x16 uncompressed BMP file to TAP file, to be loaded in ZX-Uno radastan mode
- SNA2WAV: a modified version of Antonio Villena's utility able to create ultraloads (really fast turbo loading Spectrum games). This version is command line to allow batch conversions.
- Alternative ZX-Uno firmware: a modified version of Antonio Villena's firmware with some interesting features. (notice there has been more releases of that firmware after the initial post, check for more further on that thread)
I've had written some articles 8-bit or text-adventure realated. Some of them I wrote in English, some of them in Spanish:
About 8-bit stuff:
About text-adventures, 8-bit related:
About text-adventures in general
- HDFMonkey: I've managed to compile hdfmonkey, an utility to handle hdf files with command line orders, for Windows. You can find it here. There may be a chance it does not work with 32 bit windows, it it does, please let me know. Warning: to compile it under Win32 I had to remove some code that I'm not really sure what it was for. I've seen no side effect so far, but use it at your own risk. HDFMonkey is an utility by gasman.
Ye olde times
This is not my first 8 bit related page, but this other one.
Most of what I've developed for fun is related with text adventure games, see my github repositories.